Friday, October 3, 2008

Welcome to Suburban Absurdity. I decided to create this blog, mostly out of boredom, but also because I seem to have a lot of opinions about a lot of things. I will share my opinions on subjects ranging from sports to politics to observations of some of the frivolous, shallow things that people do. I have opinions on cell phones, the Yankees, their fans, drivers, rednecks, stuffy suburbanites, steroids in sports, steroids in politics, reality shows and much more.

I do not consider myself a good writer, or even an especially creative person, so my posts will most likely be sporadic. Feel free to comment on my grammar or my opinions. As I post more, I will try to incorporate more pictures to reinforce my arguments, but bear with me at first. Above all, this is meant in good fun and not meant to insult anyone too badly, although the posts generally will represent my true feelings. I am not so arrogant (i.e. republican) to believe that contrasting opinions are not only healthy for society but tolerance of differing thought, among other things, is (or at least should be) the cornerstone of a strong society. Too often, tolerance of ideals, race, creed, etc (you know the official equality statement) is sadly lacking, even among groups that profess to be welcoming and good, solid citizens (i.e. organized religion). So fire away.

No comments: